What data do we collect?
Our website collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Username, Nickname, E-mail address, Your blog URL address, your password, profile image).
- Browser Cookies.
- Links to social profiles of the user‘s, only if users add them.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Analytics data. We use Google Analytics for tracking the usage of our website according to Google Analytics policy.
- Security Logs. The IP address of visitors, user ID of logged in users, and username of login attempts are conditionally logged to check for malicious activity and to protect the site from specific kinds of attacks. Examples of conditions when logging occurs include login attempts, log out requests, requests for suspicious URLs, changes to site content, and password updates. This information is retained for 60 days.
- If you connect your account to Facebook or Google, we may receive information like your name, profile picture, and email address.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Register and log in to our website.
- Update your profile data.
- Add new posts and upload your images or embed content.
How will we use your data?
Our website collects your data so that we can:
- Communicate with users over the email and provide useful information about the usage of our website.
- Increase the quality of our services.
- Analyze the usage of our website.
- Prevent the fraud in our polls, games and votings we host.
- Prevent hacker attacks and improve the safety of our services.
How do we store your data?
We do our best to prevent unauthorized access, unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of the information we store. For that reason, we use the SSL protocol. Only the administrator of the website has access to the data. For users that register on our website (if any), we store the personal information they provide in their user profile and account as long as their account is active on our website. All users can see, edit, or delete their account at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How the information may be shared?
We need to share certain data with our trusted partners:
- For newsletters we use Mailchimp. You can always unsubscribe via unsubscribe function in the newsletter.
- In order to optimize our website we may use partners who provide services and functionalities we need, such as Google, Cloudflare and others.
- For legal purposes and according to the law.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. If you are browsing our website from the area where the General Data Protection Regulations apply, then you entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: hello[eta]mapofstories.com.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
- Ensuring that our services work as it is expected.
- Remembering your consent status in order not to show pop-ups on each visit.
- Providing you the best possible experience with ads.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – we use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: hello[eta]mapofstories.com